Choosing A Wooden Worktop
1. Always choose a style that fits you. You should look for a worktop that will suit your own tastes and kitchen. You should know that oak is considered classic when it comes to wooden worktops. Oak is used in the common farm house kind of kitchen since it can provide a warm feel to the place and it has a notable pattern. If you want something bold and beautiful at the same time, then you should consider choosing the American black walnut. The American black walnut has a rich chocolate tone that is why it can give the right contrast to light things. In a kitchen where the problem is light, maple should be the choice of many people. Maple has a lovely grain structure at the same time being creamy and pale. Because the maple has a very smooth finish, every bit of light will be bouncing back from the surface of the wood.
2. Invest in a worktop that has a high quality. You should always remember the saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.”, when you are looking for a wooden worktop since there are a lot out there that would fit the budget of every person that is looking for one. Those worktops that are very cheap may have a low quality. If you properly maintain a wooden worktop that is of high quality, then it should last for a very long time and might even add more value to your property if the time will come that you will decide to sell it.
3. The preparation is important. You need to do a sealing on these wooden worktops before you can use them. These wooden worktops should require a treatment and the suggested treatment is the worktop oil like the finishing oil or danish oil. The treatment process on the wooden worktops will create a barrier that is water resistant on them. The treatment process on the wooden worktops is considered to be very important since it will help make your worktops last for a long time that is why you should consider taking the time to properly do the procedure. The wooden worktops will not last long enough if poor treatment procedure was done.
4. Look for a worktop that has the right fit. You should always make sure that the plastering on these wooden worktops are perfectly done and is very dry, the sides of the wooden worktops should also have the right amount of oil before they are being fitted. Every time you fix the wooden worktops in the units of your kitchen, always make sure that you have the right amount of fixing points, with at least one fixing point on every corner. Your wooden worktops will have small contractions and expansions if you will use expansion brackets that are slotted.
5. Always have a good maintenance on your wooden worktops. You should always consider re-oiling the wooden worktops at least once every six months.